Monday, June 25, 2007

Favorite Cruise Pictures

For those members of my family that are reading this, I know I have told you all a good bit about the cruise we took in May. I thought I would post some of my favorite pictures that we took while on the cruise.

Athens:

This first picture was taken at this beautiful little monetary up on the mountainside. Our guide and taxi driver Cosmas took us up here, I don't remember the name of the monetary, but it was really worth the drive. This picture was taken in front of the little church on the monetary grounds. The weather was absolutely wonderful this day, it was just a little bit hot in some of the places we were, but not here, all the shade kept it at a wonderful temperature.




This next picture was taken from the Acropolis, looking out over Athens and highlighting the temple of Zeus. I really thought it was amazing how Athens surrounds the temple ruins.




Kusadasi:

In Turkey we went to the ruins of Ephesus. I was amazed by the sheer size of the city and the level of technology they achieved. They even had public toilets and hot and cold running water! This is a picture of the Amphitheater, it was really impressive.



Santorini:

Santorini was my favorite stop on the cruise. It was so incredible. I tried to imagine living in a place with that kind of beauty surrounding you all the time. When the ship neared the islands it almost looked like the island was capped with snow as the white buildings shone in the sunlight. This is my favorite picture. You can see the donkey trail that leads from the dock up to capitol city zigzagging up the cliff-side.



Mykonos:

Even though it rained on us the whole time we were in Mykonos it was still a very beautiful place. Again you can just see the white buildings spread across the island. We found the best shopping of any of our stops here as well. I could definitely go back to Mykonos.



Finally one last picture: for those of you that have seen the 'Ironic' picture posted on my wife's blog I wanted to show the other aspect. This picture was taken on the way down (hence the smile) the volcanic island in the middle of the islands that make up Santorini. The caption on the shirt is a bit closer in this picture. You also get a pretty good shot of the cruise ship in the background.

No comments: