Saturday, October 6, 2007

Good Friends

I have been promising pictures for quite some time, so now I have decided to deliver on that promise. I want to show you some of my good friends from Nigeria. Many of the people in the pictures are people I met at work, I don't have a lot of pictures of people from church; I will try for those in the future. About two months ago several of us met up at a restaurant here called Barcellos. We had a great time and just sat around and talked.



OK so Josie kind of stands out in the picture! Across the table from Josie is Ayo. Next to him is Duala, and the tall guy on the end is Gbenga (and trust me the guy is tall, if we stand around and talk for too long my neck hurts from looking up!). The dapper looking fellow in the suit is Fawaz. We were really having a great time, I'm sure the other people in the restaurant thought we were crazy, we were loud and laughing and just generally enjoying ourselves. We need to do it again, soon!

Unfortunately not everyone that was invited that night was able to make it.

This is Titi, and I love this picture because I think it really captures her personality. Titi is just over 4 feet (in heels!) worth of attitude! I love her to death, and we tease each other incessantly. Her favorite phrase when she talks to me is "You know, I really don't like you". Titi and most of the others in the pictures, work for contract companies that have come in to do work on our project. Titi had the misfortune of getting stuck in a desk by me for several months (and she may never fully recover!).

This is Eyiuche, she works for the same company as Titi. For the most part she worked upstairs, but she would come down and chat regularly. They have finished their projects, and so they are not around the office anymore; it has gotten a lot less fun since they left though. Eyiuche ,another Titi (their boss), and I had a long discussion one day as they were telling me about how much it would cost me to pay the "dowry" for my second wife. Not that I'm planning on having one, I can barely handle the one I have, but the discussion was quite hilarious. I will have to tell that whole story some other time.

Two other people that were not at our little gathering were Okechi and Femi, they definitely qualify as good friends and I would not want to leave them out of this post, I just don't have pictures of them.

This is our friend Victoria, we met her at church. Victoria was a student in Lagos at the Nigerian Law School. She was never very fond of Lagos though, she is originally from Abuja and she always tells us how much better Abuja is. She finished her schooling and I think has now gone off to BYU for a while. We love Victoria and we miss her.



OK I just wanted to share some of my friends here with everyone back home. As always I will keep trying to get more pictures to post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.