Thursday, October 4, 2007

Irony

OK so here is an ironic situation. I started this blog because I thought that I would keep it up-to-date better than Josie was doing on hers, well I think we have now proven that I am just as bad (or worse) at not updating my blog. I could give all sorts of excuses, but then someone would just make fun of those, so I will solemnly shoulder the responsibility.

Now on to the update:

Things have been pretty busy around here. Josie and I left Nigeria for an interim leave in France during the first part of September. We spent a week in the small village of Bareges. It was absolutely beautiful. We spent several of the days hiking in the mountains, we averaged about 10km per day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I will have to get pictures from Josie so I can post them, we loaded all of them on her laptop while we were in France.

After Bareges we went to Paris for three days. Originally we were supposed to fly directly back to Lagos after we were done in Bareges, but when we were making the plans we could not get a flight back to Nigeria for three days. (Begin sarcasm) So we bit the bullet and struggled through three full days in Paris....it was awful (end sarcasm). The weather was really nice and we got to see a lot of the sights in Paris, we did the standard touristy things just so we could say we had. We went to the Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa, which is quite a small painting to have such a big deal made out of it! We toured the Egyptian artifacts and also an exhibit from Mesopotamia, it was really cool.

Every since we got back I have been trying to catch up. A week and a half ago I was called as the First Councilor in the Bishopric at church, for those that are LDS that are reading this try to control your shock and laughter! It came as a bit of a surprise, but we have a really neat Bishop and I am really enjoying working with him.

I think I am going to leave it at that for right now, I do have some photos to get posted, and if I don't forget I will put them on tomorrow.

Signing off
Binky the Slacker

No comments: