Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Interesting Food

One thing about living in a different country on a different continent is experiencing foods you would not expect to see in the US. I will elaborate by giving you two examples.

Goat Roundabout Pepper Soup

First of all let me explain the concept of pepper soup. The first thing to understand is that it is HOT! It is a broth base with some sort of meat (chicken, fish, or in this case goat) and some very spicy peppers. The soup itself is fairly thin other than the pieces of meat. Now to elaborate on goat roundabout, obviously we are talking about goat meat, roundabout refers mostly to the digestive tract. Goat Roundabout pepper soup contains pieces of goat meat, stomach, intestine, liver, etc. And yes, I have eaten it! Actually the goat meat and liver are not bad, the stomach and intestine are a bit too chewy for my liking.

Goat Sausages

OK I guess I would have to describe these as an acquired taste. I bought them at the store and was curious what they would taste like.



I grilled a couple of them up and gave them a try.....not what I would call fantastic, but maybe I can think of something to put them in.



Josie did not try them, but our friend Julia and I did. With a little bit of sauce or something to dip them in the are OK.

No comments: