Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Weeping Wall

In the old portion of the city of Jerusalem there is a structure commonly referred to as the Wailing Wall. Inside my flat, in our master bedroom in fact, we now have the weeping wall. There is nothing religious about it (other than me praying that it does not get worse), but it has become a feature in the bedroom that definitely draws the eye.

Wednesday last week I walked into our bedroom and was greeted by this:



So I marked the boundaries and decided I would wait to see if it was getting worse. This is what I awoke to the next morning:



And by that afternoon:



I have not taken a picture in several days, (if I remember I will take one tonight and add it) but it has certainly gotten worse. Thus far I have not seen them doing anything to fix it. If it continues I fear we may have to treat it like a boil and lance it. Drill into the bottom of the wall and try and drain the wall, I am just worried about how much water is actually in there.

Plumbing has been our worst problem since we moved to this flat, as any of you who have read Josie's post about the flood will no doubt recognize.

OK, I actually did remember to take another picture when I got home....take a look at this beauty:



I think it is starting to look like a Japanese character....maybe it tells a proverb about how water overcomes stone. That would be appropriate in this instance! I also got an email today that said this same leak is affecting at least 3 flats...now I REALLY wonder how much water is inside the wall!

No comments: