Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Jambalaya Kit

I decided to post one more thing before I head off to bed.

I wanted to make Jambalaya again before Josie gets home. Since she doesn't really like it, I figured I would make it early in the week and then I could have most of it eaten by the time she gets back. The only problem is that it takes quite a while to get everything together and get it made, and since I did not make it on Sunday, having enough time on a week-night is always an issue. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I play squash, so that would make it difficult, and Tuesday I have a meeting at church after work. So I came up with a plan, we will call it the Jambalaya Kit! After playing squash on Monday I did almost all of the prep work. This is the kit:



I cut up everything necessary and bagged it so that when I got home from my meeting tonight I could just dump it in the pot and get started. The preparation took at least an hour and a half, but the results are well worth the time invested! When I got home tonight I was able to get the whole thing put together in just about an hour. Also, because of a lucky find at one of the grocery stores, I found a sausage that actually works better than any I have found here. This is the best Jambalaya I have made in Nigeria. (far better than my attempt last week!...due to a poor choice of sausage, the whole batch was ruined in my opinion)



Doesn't that look DELICIOUS!!!!!

P.S. IT IS! I am going to enjoy this pot!

No comments: